- 3tablespoons finely choppedwalnut pieces
- 1/4cupvirgin olive oil
- 1tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2tablespoonsred wine vinegar
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
For the salad
- 1lbgreen beans, trimmed and snapped into 1 inch lengths(leave baby beans whole)
- 1/2cup packed choppedcilantro
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pound half the walnuts to a paste in a mortar, or process in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt and mix well.
- Cook the beans in an inch of water in a covered saucepan until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a serving bowl, toss the beans, dressing, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with remaining walnuts and serve warm or at room temperature.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »