- 5lbsboneless leg of lamb
- 1cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1/3cupfresh lemon juice
- 1/2cup goodBurgundy wine
- 1tablespoondried oregano
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 2bay leaves
- Cut lamb into 1-1/2″ cubes, trimming the fat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon”zipper” bag.
- Shake well to combine.
- To achieve the best flavor, marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator, shaking a few times.
- Put lamb on metal skewers with each chunk touching, but not tightly.
- This will taste best on a good, hot charcoal fire.
- Turn often on the grill, and they should be done in about 15-20 minutes.
- Dont put vegetables in between the meat, as they just do not grill well together.
- Please use a good burgundy or full bodied red wine, that you would enjoy drinking by itself, not that stuff they call”cooking wine”.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »