- 1 (12 1/3 ounce)package mori-nufirm silken tofu(I use lite)
- 8ouncessoy cream cheese
- 1/2cupkey lime juice
- 2teaspoons freshly gratedlime rind
- 2 (4 ounce)packages mori-nu matesvanilla pudding mix(must be this brand, it’s made to go with the tofu)
- 1tablespoonliquid sweetener, to taste(I use honey but that’s not vegan!)
- 1 (9 inch) bakedpastry shellsor graham cracker crust(I prefer graham)
- Drain any excess water from the tofu.
- Blend tofu and lime juice in a processor or blender until creamy and smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except crust!), and blend again until smooth.
- At this point, I had to transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer, since it was too thick and stiff for my blender.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- This sets up very firm.
- It also makes a great pudding or little tartlet filling for fancy desserts!
- Note for those who try with other pudding mixes.Make sure your mix is Vegan.Commercial mixes can contain meat by products making them not Vegan or Vegetarian.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »