- 1/4cupbutter, melted
- 1 1/3cupsOreo cookie crumbs
- 1 (1/4 ounce)envelopeunflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, softened
- 1/3cupgreen creme de menthe
- 1 (1 pint)containerCool Whip
- Combine butter, crumbs, and the 1 tablespoons sugar.
- Press 2/3 cup of the crumbs on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a small saucepan and let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese with remaining 3/4 cup sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in gelatin mixture.
- Stir in creme de menthe.
- Reserve 1/2 cup Cool Whip for garnish; fold remainder into cream cheese mixture until no streaks of white remain.
- Pour half the filling into the crumb-lined pan.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons crumbs for the garnish and top evenly with the remaining crumbs.
- Pour remaining filling over the top.
- Garnish with remaining crumbs and rosettes of Cool Whip.
- Freeze until firm.
- (I freeze this over night).
- Remove the sides of the springform pan and allow at least 10 minutes out of the freezer before attempting to cut this.
- You may also use Andes Candies mints cut diagonally, inserted cut side down, into each rosette.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »