- 1 2/3cupsbuttermilk
- 1tablespooncider vinegar
- 3largeeggs, separated
- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- oil, for skillet
- In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk and the cider vinegar and let stand.
- Start preheating a large ungreased skillet on medium heat while you prepare the batter.
- This helps the pan to attain uniform heat distribution.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl until light.
- Add the buttermilk and cider vinegar mixture.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture and beat only slightly to blend.
- Beat the egg whites stiff but not dry and fold them into the batter along with the melted butter.
- Lightly grease preheated skillet.
- Drop the batter by large rounded spoonsfuls onto the hot skillet and cook the pancakes until the entire surface is covered with air bubbles; turn and cook the other side until golden.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »