- 1cupsour cream
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 3cupsall-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Cream butter and sugar together with your heavy-duty mixer.
- Add the sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Sift baking soda and flour together.
- Add the flour to the creamed mixture, alternating with one egg at a time (about 1/2 cup of flour each time).
- Mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a well greased and floured 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake tests COMPLETELY clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake on wire rack, removing from pan and let cool completely.
- Frost as desired (powdered sugar glaze is good) or leave plain and garnish with fresh berried and freshly whipped cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »