- 1/2cuplard or shortening(my grandma uses lard, I use shortening. I like hers better)
- 1 1/2cups lukewarmwater
- 1 (1/4 ounce)packageyeast
- Dissolve yeast in the lukewarm water.
- Sift together flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in lard.
- Add yeast and water.
- Mix until well blended and keep mixing until dough forms elastic strands.
- Place dough in a greased bowl.
- Cover and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured board, smooth gently with your hands and roll out to desired thickness.
- Cut out (and shape, if desired. I usually cut them out with a drinking glass then fold the dough in half.).
- Place rolls in a greased pan.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Brush with butter and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »