- 1 (1 lb)cantomatoes
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce)canstomato puree
- 1 (8 ounce)cantomato sauce
- 1 1/2teaspoonsoreganoor italian seasoning
- 1teaspoononion salt
- 1cup choppedonions
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 2lbsground beef
- 1/2lblasagna noodles
- 1lbcottage cheeseor ricotta cheese
- 9slicesmozzarella cheese
- 1/2cupparmesan cheese
- In large skillet combine tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato sauce, 1 t. salt, pepper, oregano, and onion salt.Simmer, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, in second skillet sauté onion and garlic in oil until lightly brown.
- Then add ground beef and rest of salt.Cook until meat loses its red color.Drain.
- Add meat mixture to tomato mixture and simmer, uncovered, at least 2 hours or until thickened.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place several spoonfuls of sauce in bottom of 12”x8”x2” baking dish, enough to cover bottom of dish.
- Top with crisscross layers of lasagna noodles, then alternate the cheeses using half of each of the ricotta or cottage cheese.Repeat layers having same amount of ingredients.End with the remaining 3 slices of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350* F for 40 to 50 minutes or until bubbly.Remove from oven and let stand 10 to 15 minutes, then cut in squares.
- The tomato sauce mixture is better if cooked a long time.This sauce may be frozen ahead of time, or can be kept in the ice box for a few days.The complete dish may be made ahead of time and frozen.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »