- pastry for double-crust pie(your favorite recipe, or commercially prepared pie dough)
- 1 1/2cupsapplesauce
- Prepare pastry for 2 crust pie shell, using your favorite recipe for pie shells.
- Roll out 2 balls of dough until they measure large enough to fit your pie pan.
- Line bottom of 8″ pie pan with one of the rolled out pastry pieces.
- Set the other rolled-out dough aside for a bit.
- Bake the shell for 10 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs, applesauce, sugar and seasonings.
- Pour mixture into 8″ prepared pie shell.
- Add top pastry to pie and seal edges.
- With tines of a fork, prick holes on top of pie shell to vent.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 degrees and continue baking 30 more minutes.
- Note: If you like a more custard-y pie, try adding 1/2 to 1 cup of milk to the above ingredients before pouring into the pieshell (use a 9″ shell in this case).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »