- 1cup dicedapples, such as granny smith
- 1/3cupgolden raisins
- 1teaspoonapple pie spice(or 3/4 t cinnamon and 1/4 t allspice)
- 2cupsflour, divided
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 (8 ounce)cartonstrawberry-banana yogurt
- 1/4cuporange juice
- 1teaspoonalmond extract
- 1egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine apple, raisins, spice and 2 tablespoons flour.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Make well in center of mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, orange juice, oil, almond extract and egg.
- Stir it and apple mixture into flour mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »