- 2teaspoons gratedlemons, rind of
- 2 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 3tablespoonslemon juice
- 1/3cuppowdered sugar
- Cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add the egg and lemon peel and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon the batter into a well greased 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F about 55 minutes or until a fork or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Shortly before removing the bread from the oven, make the glaze: combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the glaze over the bread while it’s still in the pan and hot.
- Let stand 20 min before turning out on a rack, then let cool before slicing.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »