- 2 1/2cups choppedleeks
- 1/2cup choppedparsley
- 3tablespoons minced peeledfresh ginger
- 2largeshallots, minced
- 1/8teaspooncayenne pepper
- 4 1/2cupsreduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2lbs peeledparsnips, chopped coarsely(4 cups)
- Melt butter in heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add next 5 ingredients and saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and parsnips; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until parsnips are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- Strain into another large pot; discard solids in stainer.
- Whisk in half and half.
- Simmer soup over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »