- 4tablespoonsbutter, melted
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 3/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1tablespoonground ginger
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves
- 1/4teaspoonground nutmeg
- 3/4cupbrown sugar
- 1 1/2cupsbuttermilk
- 2eggs, beaten
- Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, and molasses. Beat in melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened and lump free.
- Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron.
- Cook until crisp and golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spraying with cooking spray as needed.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »