- 2 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 2teaspoonsground ginger
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- Mix together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture to an air-tight container.
- Include the following instructions for making Gingerbread Cake: Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Put 1 container of Gingerbread Cake Mix into a mixing bowl; make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Add in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup molasses.
- Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until the batter comes together.
- Gradually add in 1 cup boiling water; stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake in a 350° oven for 35 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »