- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 3/4teaspoonground ginger
- 3/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonground cloves
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1cuplight brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4cupunsulphured molasses(preferable Grandma’s)
- 12tablespoonsbutter, softened
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt; Whisk to mix evenly.
- Cream together brown sugar, egg, molasses and butter.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture until well blended.
- Scrape mixture into freezer bag, close securely, and cut off small corner; Pipe 1/8 teaspoons dots about 1 apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325F about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then on rack.
- Keep them separate so they do not stick to each other.
- Stores in an airtight container several months.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »