- 8ouncesbittersweet chocolate
- 3/4cuplight brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 3 1/2ouncestoffee pieces
- 1/2cuppecans, toasted and chopped
- In a double boiler over very low heat, melt chocolate and butter.
- Stir till mixture melts and is smooth.
- Remove top of pan, wipe the bottom, and set it aside to cool to lukewarm.
- In an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs till thick and light-colored.
- Beat in melted chocolate mixture and stir in vanilla.
- With mixer set on lowest speed, beat in flour, baking powder, salt.
- Remove bowl from mixer stand.
- Stir in nuts and toffee.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill batter for 45-60 mins till firm.
- Set oven at 350 degs F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment; Drop batter by 1/4 cupfulls about 2.
- 5 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until tops are cracked and dry, but cookies are still soft to touch.
- Do not overbake!
- These get firm as they cool.
- Cool on baking sheets.
- Store in airtight container.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »