- 3/4cupunsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2cupsbrown sugar
- 4largeeggs, separated
- 3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonground nutmeg
- 1/2teaspoonground cloves
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 2/3cupcherry preserves
- 2/3cupapricot preserves
- 2/3cuppineapple preserves
- 1cup choppednuts
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Separate eggs and add the yolks to the butter, beating well.
- Sift together the flour and the spices.
- Mix the buttermilk and baking soda together, then add some to the butter mixture,alternating with the flour mixture, until all is incorporated.
- Add the preserves and the nuts, stirring gently.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean bowl with clean beaters until stiff peaks form, then fold gently into the batter.
- Scrape into a large greased& floured Bundt pan or tube pan and bake at 350 F preheated for 1 1/2 hours or until cake tests done.
- Let cool before removing from pan.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »