- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/3cupunsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 1/2cups packedbrown sugar
- 2/3cupvegetable shortening
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 2cupssemi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2cupevaporated milk
- 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4cupbutter, softened
- 2largeegg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/2cup choppedpecans
- 1/2cupsweetened flaked coconut
- For Cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; mix well and set aside.
- Cream together brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture until just mixed and then add chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost cooled cookies.
- For Frosting:.
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, butter and egg yolks in medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla, pecans and coconut.
- Allow to cool slightly and frost cooled cookies.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »