- 1cupdried navy beans or great northern beans, soaked in water overnight
- 2cupspotatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1cupcarrots, diced
- 2/3cuponions, finely chopped
- 6ounces driedthin egg noodles(about 3 cups)
- 1cupcooked ham, cubed
- 1cupcreamor sour cream
- Put the beans in a medium saucepan and cover with water to 1 inch over the top of the beans.
- Cook the beans until tender, adding water if necessary to keep beans covered.
- Drain, saving the cooking liquid and adding enough water to make 8 cups of liquid.
- Put liquid and beans in large soup kettle.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- About 10 minutes after liquid begins to boil, add the noodles and the ham.
- When the noodles are done, turn off the heat and add the cream.
- Season to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »