- 1lbchicken breasts, skinned and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 3tablespoonsolive oil
- 1/4cupsoy sauce
- 1/4cupunsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4cupwhite distilled vinegar
- 1teaspoonfresh ginger, finely grated
- 1tablespoon crushedgarlic
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper
- 4green onions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4tablespoonswater, mix with the cornstarch
- 1/2cup juliennedcarrots, steamed
- 1 1/2cupscooked white rice
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and fry in the olive oil till golden brown.
- Combine all of the rest of the ingredients (except the cornstarch and water, cayenne pepper, carrots and green onions.) in a sauce pan and heat gently over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and now add the cayenne pepper to the juicy mixture in the wok.
- stir fry it in without burning it.
- Now add the sauce to the wok and stir it in until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch and water and stir till thickened.
- Add the chicken with the green onions and stir in gently till coated.
- Remove and serve over rice and steamed julienned carrots.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »