- 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 3largetomatoes, coarsley chopped and seeded
- 2bell peppers, your color choice,chopped and seeded
- 20clovesgarlic, peeled,chopped
- 1cupchicken stockor vegetable stock
- 1/2cupdry white wine
- 2-3tablespoonsbalsamic vinegar
- gratedparmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh basilor fresh parsley (optional)
- 4slices toastedItalian bread (optional)
- In medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with balsamic vinegar.
- If you are carbing, lay 1 slice toasted Italian bread at the bottom of each bowl.
- Pour the soup over the bread, add parm cheese and fresh herbs atop the soup.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »