- 1/2lb mediumyellow potatoesor yukon gold potatoes
- 8-16clovesgarlic, peeled
- 5tablespoons cookingwater(from the potatoes)
- salt, to taste (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash the potatoes, but do not peel them, cut them into 1-inch pieces, place in a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover, cover the pan with a lid and bring water to a boil, boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves and continue to boil the potatoes, covered for 5 minutes more.
- Remove 5 TBS of the cooking water and set aside, drain the remaining water from the potatoes and garlic.
- Pass the potatoes and garlic through a potato ricer or food mill, or mash them by hand; whisk the reserved water into the mixture, (if using a food processor, add the water and process only until potato and garlic are just blended, about 5 seconds).
- Add salt, if using, and pepper to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »