- 3lbs unpeeledmedium shrimp
- 1/4cupbutteror margarine
- 1/4cupolive oil
- 1largegarlic head, the whole thing,peeled and seperated into cloves
- 1cupwhite wine
- 1/4cupwhite wine vinegar
- 1/4cuplemon juice
- 4dried hot red chili peppers
- 3bay leaves
- 1tablespoonfresh oregano or1 teaspoondried oregano
- 1tablespoonfresh rosemary or1 teaspoondried rosemary
- 1/2teaspoondry crushed red pepper
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and oil over medium high heat. Add garlic cloves to butter/oil mixture and saute for 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in wine and next 8 ingredients (vinegar- crushed red pepper). Bring to a boil, stirring occassionally for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add half of the shrimp cooking 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Cook remaining shrimp for 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Strain broth.
- Serve shrimp with strained broth, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »