- 2cupswhite bread flour(or 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat)
- 2cupswarm water
- 1appleor raisins or other firmfruit, peeled,cored and cut into chunks
For the feeding
- 1/4cupbread flour
- Combine the flour and yeast in a medium plastic or crockery bowl.
- Whisk in the warm water until all lumps are broken up.
- Stir in the fruit.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place for 24 hours, stiring occassionally.
- After 24 hours, remove the fruit and add the first feeding, whisking to combine.
- Let stand 8 to 10 hours and the starter in ready to use.
- For replenishment, I discard half the starter, add fruit along with 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 water.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »