- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 2cupszucchini or othersummer squash, unpeeled and shredded
- 3eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce)canfruit cocktail in light syrup, drained
- 1/2cupunsweetened applesauce
- 1/2cupvegetable oil
- 1cupsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2cuppecans, chopped
- cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F; prepare muffin pans by either lining them with cupcake papers or by spraying them with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a very large bowl.
- Combine zucchini, eggs, fruit cocktail, vanilla, applesauce, oil, coconut, and pecans in another large bowl.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 full (these muffins do not rise as much as some).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly and store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »