- 2 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 2tablespoonsmargarine, melted
- 1 1/2cupshalf-and-halfor light cream
- 1 1/4cupsraisins
- Sift dry ingredients tog.
- Beat egg and add cooled margarine.
- Into the egg mixture alternately add half-and-half and dry ingredients till batter is smooth.
- Add raisins.
- Spoon into chicken or duck when bird is about half cooked.
- Since a 4 lb chicken will hold only part of the dressing, put the remaining dressing into a small greased bread pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325 defF.
- Serve with chicken gravy.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »