- 6largeegg yolks
- 1/3cupGrand Marnieror orange liqueur
- 2cups chilledwhipping cream
- orange stripsor candied orange peel
- Cut parchment paper into six 3 ½ x 13-inch strips.
- Wrap 1 strip around edge of each of six ¾-cup soufflé dishes or ramekins, creating a collar that stands above the rim.
- Secure with tape.
- Combine sugar, yolks and water in medium metal bowl and whisk to blend.
- Set bowl over large saucepan of simmering water (do not let bottom of bowl touch water).
- Whisk egg mixture constantly until thermometer registers 160F, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl from over water.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg mixture until cool and slightly thick, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in Grand Marnier.
- Using electric mixer, whip cream in large bowl to soft peaks.
- Fold cream into egg mixture.
- Divide mixture equally among prepared soufflé dishes.
- Freeze overnight.
- (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; keep in freezer).
- Carefully remove collars from soufflé dishes.
- Garnish soufflés with orange peel strips, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »