- 2cupswhipping cream
- 1tablespoonvanilla extract
- In medium saucepan, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, honey and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat metal spoon and reaches at least 160 degrees.
- Cool quickly by setting pan in ice or cold water and stirring for few minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour.
- When ready to freeze, pour chilled custard, whipping cream and vanilla into 1-gallon ice cream freezer can.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions using 6 parts ice to 1 part rock salt.
- Transfer to freezer containers and freeze until firm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »