- 1tablespooncooking oil
- 2clovesgarlic, chopped
- 1red onion, chopped
- 1stalkcelery, sliced
- 1 choppedchile (optional)
- 1teaspoonground cumin
- 1teaspoonground coriander
- 2cups slicedwhite mushrooms
- 2cupscooked rice
- 2tablespoonssoy sauce
- 1/2cupcashew nuts
- 2spring onions, chopped
- 1cupfresh coriander leaves, shredded
- Halve the pineapples, and cut out the flesh to leave four shells (don’t remove the tail, it looks pretty on the plate).
- Cut the pineapple flesh that you have removed into bite-sized chunks.
- You need about two cups for this recipe.
- Use the rest for something else.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chile, celery, garlic and onion over high heat for two minutes, then stir in the coriander and cumin and mushrooms.
- Add the pineapple pieces and the cooked rice, stir and toss well.
- Add the soy, sugar, salt and cashew nuts.
- Heat through while tossing, don’t stir, you don’t want mush.
- Spoon the mixture into the pineapple shells and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and spring onions.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »