- 1lbokra, cut into 1/4 inch slice
- 1 1/2cupsunbleached all purpose flour
- 1teaspoonground cumin
- 2teaspoonschili powder
- 1/2teaspoongarlic powder
- 1teaspoonfresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1egg, lightly mixed
- 2cupscorn oil, more if needed
- salt, for seasoning
- Combine the flour, cumin, chile powder, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- When it is very hot, dredge the okra in the flour mixture, shake off any excess then dip into egg then flour again and fry in the oil in batches until light-brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with Remoulade Sauce recipe#87124.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »