- 3 1/2teaspoonsyeast
- 2cups warmmilk
- 3 1/2-4 1/2cupsflour
- oil(for deep frying)
- Dissolve yeast in milk and let stand 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Stir in shortening.
- Gradually add flour, sugar and salt and mix until smooth.
- Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let stand until doubled (2 hours).
- On a floured board roll dough into rectangle 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat oil in deep frying or large skillet to 375-degrees F.
- Cut dough with biscuit cutter (or use a drinking glass) and drop a few at a time into the oil.
- When biscuit is puffed and brown turn and brown other side.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- These can be made ahead and reheated in a 200-degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »