- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 6boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1teaspoonsalt(or to taste)
- 1/2teaspoonpepper(or to taste)
- 1/2cup choppedshallots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)candiced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2teaspoonsdried thyme
- 1can campbellFrench onion soup, condensed
- 1cup gratedswiss cheese
- In a large oven-proof skillet or dutch oven, melt the butter and heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (estimated amount) to season.
- Brown chicken in skillet until both sides are golden but chicken is not cooked all the way through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Add shallots to skillet; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add in tomatoes with juices and thyme; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced some.
- Add in the soup; cook and stir occasionally 4 minutes; season with the remaining salt and pepper if desired.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet; sprinkle breasts with cheese.
- Bake uncovered, in 375° oven about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »