- 2cupsself-rising cornmeal
- 1 1/4cupsmilk
- 2largeeggs, beaten
- 1teaspoonWorcestershire sauce
- 1/4teaspoonhot sauce
- 2cups thinly slicedfresh okra
- 1/4cup choppedonions
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, oil, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in okra and onion.
- Grease muffin tin; place muffin pan in 400° oven for 5 minutes.
- Quickly spoon or pour batter into muffin pans, fill each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn muffins out of pan immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »