- 1largefennel bulb
- 3tablespoonsolive oil, divided
- 1/4cupflat leaf parsley, chopped(Italian)
- 1cuponions, chopped
- 1teaspoondried thyme, crushed or1 tablespoonfresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2teaspoondried sage, crushed or1 tablespoonfresh sage, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 6cups day oldFrench bread, cubed,crusts may be left on
- 1/2cupchicken broth
- Remove the top 1/3 of the feathery fennel leaves, slice it in two top to bottom and remove the center core.
- Slice the bulb crosswise (including leaves) 1/2″ slices.
- Heat 2 tbs of Oilve oil over medium high heat.
- Add the Fennel, onions, parsley, sage, thyme salt& pepper.
- Stir fry until the fennel& onion are almost tender 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the bread cubes with the fennel mixture.
- Pour in the chicken broth, mix well- use your hands.
- Turn it into a 2 qt oiled baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp of oil on top.
- Bake in a 375F until it begins to brown on top apprx 25 minutes.
- En joy.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »