- 1 frozen9-inch pie shell
- 3/4cupwhite sugar
- 1 (250 ml)containerwhipping cream
- 1tablespoonwhite sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place frozen pie shell on a baking sheet, let stand 10 minutes.
- Then, using a fork, prick bottom and side of shell in several places.
- Bake on bottom rack of oven until crust is pale golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove shell from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, finely grate 2 teaspoons peel from lemons onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Wrap and set aside to use for cream later.
- Squeeze 1/2 cup juice from lemons.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs.
- Gradually whisk in 3/4 Cup sugar until dissolved.
- Whisk in lemon juice, then 1/2 Cup cream until evenly mixed.
- Pour into warm pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 375 oven until centre is set when jiggled, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Before serving, pour remaining 1/2 Cup cream into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and the reserved lemon peel.
- Beat until soft peaks will form when beaters are lifted.
- Serve pie warm, room temperature or cold.
- Slice into wedges and serve with a dollop of the lemon scented cream and garnish with some strawberries.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »