- French bread
- 1cupwarm water
- 2tablespoons meltedshortening
- 3 3/4cupsflour
- Combine all ingredients well, knead dough until is elastic.
- Let rise, punch down, let rise again.
- Punch down and form in a long loaf.
- Roll gently back and forth to length and taper ends.
- Place on greased or floured cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with corn meal (or other herbs or cheeses), make slashes crosswise at 2 inch intervals.
- Brush with cold water.
- Let rise.
- Brush again with water.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds (or other herbs or cheeses) and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »