- 3cupsheavy cream, divided
- 9tablespoonssugar, divided
- 1/2teaspoonalmond extract
- 1/4teaspoonvanilla extract
- 9ouncesmascarpone cheese
- 1 (9 ounce)boxchocolate wafers
- 1tablespooninstant espresso powder
- nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- chocolate, for garnish
- plainespresso beans, for garnish
- freshmint sprigs, for garnish
- beat 2 c heavy cream with 6 tbsp sugar with a mixer 4 minutes.
- reduce speed to medium and add marscapone,extracts, mix until well blended.
- spray a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- layer 1 1/4 c marscapone mix on bottom of pan.
- spread a layer of chocolate biscuits, about 14 over.
- repeat layer of marscapone and wafers, finish with a layer of marscapone.
- cover with foil and freeze for 1 hour.
- transfer to refrigerator and chill for 8 hrs or overnight.
- pulse remaining wafers in a processor until finely ground.
- beat remainng 1 c cream with expresso powder and 3 tbsp sugar until whipped to stiff peaks, 3 minutes or so.
- remove foil and pan from cake.
- frost all over with expresso cream.
- sprinkle edges with wafer crumbs.
- serve cold.
- garnish with mint leaves and expresso beans, optional.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »