- 1/2cupwhipping cream
- 1lbwhite chocolate, finely chopped
- 12ouncessemisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1cup groundtoasted hazelnuts(filberts)
- Gently heat cream to the boiling point; add white chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool 15 minutes and stir in Frangelico, transfer to a shallow dish and place in freezer for at least an hour, or until filling is firm; alternately, you may chill mixture for 2hrs in the refrigerator but I find the freezer works better.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper; when filling is firm, remove by teaspoonfuls and roll into balls (rinse hands with cold water to keep them cool if need be); let sit for 30 minutes.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate over hot water until half-melted; remove from heat and stir with wooden spoon until completely smooth; cool to 89°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; place ground nuts in a pie pan or flat dish; dip white chocolate centers in semi-sweet chocolate, then roll in hazelnuts; Transfer to baking sheet.
- Cover candies with plastic wrap and dry at room temperature overnight, before storing in an airtight container.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »