- 2 1/4cupswarm water
- 1teaspoonpure vanilla extract
- 4cupswhole wheat flour
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1tablespoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1cuppecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line regular or mini-muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the honey, water,applesauce, vanilla, and eggs and mix until foamy.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and pepper; mix until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans and craisins (dried cranberries).
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the batter in each regular muffin tin, OR a heaping teaspoon in each mini-muffin tin.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes for regular and 10 minutes for minis.
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight tin.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »