- 1/4cupolive oil
- 4teaspoonsfresh thyme, chopped
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- 3garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2teaspoonslemons, zest of
- 2teaspoonslime zest
- 2rock cornish game hens, halved lengthwise
- Prepare BBQ (Medium heat).
- Combine olive oil, chopped thyme, garlic,lemon peel, lime peel, honey, salt, and pepper in a baking dish and stir marinade to blend well.
- Place hens on work surface and cover with plastic wrap and pound gently with mallet to flatten slightly.
- Place hen halves in marinade in dish, using fingers, rub both sides of hens with marinade.
- Let marinate 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill hen halves until just cooked through and skin is lightly charred, brushing with remaining marinade, about 12 minutes per side.
- Arrange hen on plates and garnish lemon wedges, lime wedges, and fresh thyme sprigs.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »