- 2mediumshallots, peeled & minced
- 3tablespoonsChardonnay wine
- 1tablespoonwhite wine vinegar
- 1tablespoonheavy cream
- 1/2cup coldunsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1mediumtomato, peeled,seeded and diced
- 6-8fresh chives, snipped
- 1teaspoonfresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 4 (7 ounce)fish fillets
- Have your broiler pre-heated when you start.
- Tomato-Chive Butter: In small saucepan over med-hi heat combine shallots, wine& vinegar; simmer until 2 tbsp remain.
- Add cream and return to simmer for 2 1/2 min.
- Remove from heat and begin whisking in butter, cube by cube;as you add cubes you may want to place pan back over very low heat briefly; continue whisking in butter until it is all incorporated.
- Pour into a warm bowl and add tomatoes, chives, lemon juice, salt& pepper.
- Fish: Position broiler rack 4 to 5 inches from heat.
- About 10 minutes before sauce is done sprinkle fish with salt& pepper; place on an oiled broiler rack and broil 4 to 5 minutes a side or until cooked through; place on a serving plate& top with about 3 tbsp butter sauce.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »