- 1lb ripetomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2teaspoondried oregano
- 1/2teaspoondried thyme
- 1/2teaspoondried basil
- 1teaspoonfresh chives, chopped
- 2green onions or scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3cupdry white vermouth
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2lbsfish fillets(a white variety, such as haddock, cod, catfish, etc.)
- butter (optional)
- TO PREPARE SAUCE:.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add olive oil, and simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced in volume.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over fish.
- TO PREPARE FISH:.
- There are various methods you may use but I prefere one of the following:.
- METHOD ONE:Preheat oven to 400°F Butter a baking dish large enough to hold all the fillets in one layer, and place the fish in it.
- Dot with butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in the oven 10-12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- METHOD TWO: Place fish fillets on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold foil securely around fish and place in steamer over boiling water.
- Steam about 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »