- 450g plainbread flour
- 7 1/2mlyeast
- 30mlcaster sugar
For the Icing
- 275gicing sugar
- 3-5drops ediblefood coloring(pink, yellow, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Grease a small baking tray.
- In a large bowl add flour and salt, then sprinkle over the easy blend yeast.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, milk and sugar together until the butter has melted and the milk is just warm.
- Stir milk mixture into the flour and beat well until smooth.
- Knead onto a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Then place in an oiled bowl covered with oiled cling film and leave to prove for 1 hour or double in size.
- Turn out dough and divide into 12-14 pieces.
- Knead into long even finger shapes and leave to prove for 20 minutes in a warm place or until well risen and puffy.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- Make up the thick icing and coat the tops of the fingers in pretty colours.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »