- 2tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- 1/4lbpancetta, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3lbsplum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/2smallonion, finely chopped
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh sage
- 1 1/2teaspoonskosher salt
- 1/2teaspoonfresh ground black pepper
- 1/3cup fresh gratedparmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large, deep oven proof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium low heat.
- Cook pancetta until brown and crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate;set aside.
- Place tomatoes in skillet with the rendered pancetta fat and remaining olive oil;stir to coat.
- Roast in oven until the tomatoes are golden brown around the edges and soft, about 25 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and sage and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking 10 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from the oven; mash with a wooden spoon to break up tomatoes, than add reserved pancetta along with the salt pepper and Parmesan.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine until al dente; drain and toss with tomato sauce.
- Note: If a thinner sauce is desired, add a little of the pasta cooking water and stir into the tomato mixture before tossing with the cooked fettuccine.
- Serve hot with fresh grated parmesan on top.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »