- 9 2/3ouncesarborio riceor carnaroli riceor risotto rice
- 1onion, finely chopped
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1literhot chicken stock or vegetable stock(if you want it vegetarian)
- 1/2cupwhite wine
- 1 7/8ouncesparmesan cheese, grated
- 1 7/8ouncesbutter
- 1clovegarlic, chopped
- 1headfennel, finely shredded
- 5broad beans, shelled
- 1/3cupparsley, chopped
- 1/3cupchives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Soak the rice for about 2 minutes and then rinse.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fennel.
- Add the rice and stir to coat all the grains with oil.
- Turn up the heat and add the wine stirring until absorbed.
- Add the broadbeans.
- Reduce the heat and add the stock a ladle at a time stirring each time until it has been absorbed.
- This should take about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley and chives and stir.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter and season.
- Stir well.
- Add parmesan after serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »