- 7/8cupunsalted butter
- 2/3cup mincedred bell peppers
- 2/3cup mincedyellow onions
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 2cupsfarmer cheeseor ricotta cheese
- 1/2cupwhole milk
- 2largeeggs, beaten
- 2cupsyellow cornmeal
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 3tablespoons mincedfresh herbs, such as parsley and thyme
- 2tablespoonsbaking powder
- 1/4teaspoonkosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F Butter two 2-by-8-by-4-inch loaf pans.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet over low heat.
- Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Beat the farmers cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the milk and eggs one at a time and beat until each is incorporated.
- Add the bell pepper mixture and beat until combined.
- Combine the corn meal, flour, sugar, herbs, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Reduce the speed on the mixer to low.
- Slowly add the corn meal mixture until combined.
- Divide the batter between the 2 loaf pans and bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before inverting the pan to remove the bread.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »