- 1lbrusset potatoes, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6ouncesorange roughy fillets
- 1/4lbbay shrimp, chopped
- 3ouncessmoked salmon, chopped
- 1/2cup choppedgreen onions
- 1/4cup choppedfresh dill
- 2teaspoons gratedlemons, rind of
- 2cupsfresh breadcrumbs(from French bread)
- 5tablespoonsvegetable oil
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- Steam potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl and mash.
- Steam fish until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plate; cool 5 minutes.
- Flake fish and add to potatoes.
- Mix in shrimp, smoked salmon, green onions, dill and lemon peel.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using about 1/3 cupful at a time, shape fish mixture into 12 balls; flatten into 1/2-inch-thick cakes.
- Coat each cake with breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, sauté fish cakes until brown and heated through, adding more oil as needed, about 3 minutes per side.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »