- 2lbsskirt steaks
- 3garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1/3cupvegetable oil, plus
- 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 4tablespoonsfresh lime juice(from real limes)
- 1largewhite onion, sliced into thin crescents(half rings)
- 3green bell peppersor assorted colorbell peppers, cut into strips
- 1teaspoonground cumin
- Cut the steak into pieces that will fit on your grill, or into your grill pan or skillet.
- Place the pieces of meat into a non-reactive bowl.
- Mix the garlic, lime juice, cumin, tequila, salt, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- Pour over the meat and marinade for 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and grill over hot coals or in a grill pan or skillet over med-high heat.
- Do not allow meat to dry by overcooking.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil and sautee peppers and onions over med-high heat until they are crisp/tender.
- Cut the grilled meat into strips and serve with pepper and onion mixture.
- Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas.
- Can also serve with optional sides: sour cream, avocados, guacamole, salsa, cheese, lettuce, etc.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »