- 1/4cupheavy cream
- 1tablespooncorn syrup
- 1/4cup freshlybrewed espresso(or very stong hot coffee)
- 8ounces goodsemisweet chocolate(Half semisweet and half bittersweet chocolate is an excellent variation)
- Place cream, corn syrup and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on med-high until hot but not boiling–about 1 minute.
- Stir in espresso and the chocolate and stir until melted.
- When cool to the touch, use a mixer and mix on medium, scraping down the bowl often, until the color lightens.
- Frost your cake immediately since this frosting sets up quickly; if needed, you can mix in more cream, a teaspoon at a time for an easier spreading consistency.
- Keep the cake refrigerated or frozen until ready to serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »