- 1cupbutter, plus(no substitutes)
- 3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonsugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Gradually work in the flour (Mixture will be crumbly).
- Press mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Prick all over with a fork (Dip fork in some flour before pricking shortbread).
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar (Optional).
- Put into oven for about 20 minutes, or until pale golden.
- When cool, cut into bars.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »